What will you learn?
- 9Understand critical aspects of ICS security: Recognize threats and learn from real-world incidents;
- 9Learn to manage risks: Utilize case studies to understand risks, security standards and how to use a Cyber Security Management System (CSMS);
- 9Take action: Implement initiatives to strengthen your organization’s ICS cyber security posture;
- 9Setup of a Cyber Security Management System (CSMS), System Architecture, ICS Security Requirements;
- 9Understand what is involved for testing and (passive) monitoring the ICS/SCADA environment;
- 2 course days
- 8 hours of self study
- €1.295,- excluding VAT
Senior ICS Security
Consultant & CISO
Ivan is a Senior Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Consultant and experienced Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with a strong technical background. He brings extensive consultancy experience in ICS/OT/IACS/DCS/SCADA/BMS/BCS environments, mainly in oil & gas, power and water. Based in the Netherlands, Ivan has performed projects in The Netherlands, Belgium, United Arab Emirates and Oman.
Cyber Security Services
Chris Sandford is the Director Industrial Cyber Security Services at Applied Risk, a renowned advisory and research organization specialized in OT Security. Located in Abu Dhabi, Chris is responsible for Applied Risk operations in Middle East and Africa. Chris has extensive industrial cyber security experience in sectors like Oil & Gas, Power, Water, manufacturing and Government.
About the ICS/SCADA Cyber Security Essentials course
Securing an ICS / SCADA environment is no easy task. The hardware and software in industrial environments is complex, both in terms of technology and ownership, and this complexity is constantly increasing. The threats are significant, as is the impact. This two-day course is designed to better understand an ICS environment and improve the security of ICS systems / OT environments.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those that want to learn the fundamentals of Industrial Automation Security from a defense perspective without diving too deep into the technical specifics (we’d advise you to take the ICS/ SCADA hacking course for a more in- depth and offensive perspective). Typical students include but are not limited to Plant managers, Risk Managers, Security Officers, System integrators, EPC contractors, SCADA Architects.
Classroom training or Online Live?
- Classroom Training: You’re our guest and threated as such
When you take our Classroom Training you are our guest, and that’s how we’ll threat you! You’ll train in an inspiring training environment handpicked based on the highest quality standards. All trainings include a delicious lunch, when you register to your training you can indicate any dietary requirements that we should consider.
- Online Live Training: Prepare, train and certify from the comfort of your home or work
For those of you preferring an online experience, we offer Online Live Training through the SECO – Institute Online Learning Platform based on BigBlueButton, a secure platform specifically designed for Online Training that requires collaboration and (hands on) exercises. Course materials are delivered via a designated Student Portal prior to your training. For the SECO – Institute trainings, the examination is also conducted online via a certified Proctor. Everything you need to prepare, train and certify from the comfort of your home or work.
* Our classroom trainings are delivered in Dutch or English, depending on the composition of the student group
* Our Online Live Trainings are delivered either in Dutch or in English. Make sure that you register for the right class!
The following is included:
- 2 days training from some of the world’s leading OT Security experts
- Course Materials
- A delicious lunch
Module 1 – ICS / SCADA Cyber Security basic knowledge
- Why is ICS / SCADA Cyber Security important?
- What are the threats to ICS / SCADA?
- Who are the threat actors in my ICS / SCADA environment?
- Some incidents from the past and the lessons we can draw from this
Module 2 – Differences between IT and OT
- Characteristics of IT and OT (Cyber Security)
- Compare ICS Cyber Security good practices (IEC 62443, ISO 27019, NIST, etc) with IT Security ISO 27001
- IEC 62443 Cyber Security standard series
Module 3 – Risk Management
- Risk assessment with an ICS / SCADA Case
- Cyber Security in the energy sector
- International cooperation
- ISAC, CSIRT, NCSC, CIP
Module 4 – How do we protect the ICS environment?
- General setup of a Cyber Security Management System (CSMS)
- Assess, improve and maintain the CSMS
- System Architecture, ICS Security Requirements and Testing
- Cyber Physical Security
- Security Monitoring
About the Exam
There is no exam for this course.
- Course times: 9 am to approximately 4:30 pm. The coffee is ready at 8:30.
- Lunch is included and consists of a buffet with, among other things, fresh sandwiches. Do you have allergies or dietary requirements? Please communicate this in time.
- Training location:
Quinten Matsijslei 25
- By participating in a course or training you agree with our terms and conditions
ICS/SCADA Cyber Security EssentialsStarts: 11-06-2020
- Online Live
- Language: English
- All Dates: 11 and 12 june 2020
Book as incompany or stay up to date
Book as incompanyStart date in accordance
- At your location or ours
Not right nowbut keep me posted
- Enter your e-mail and preferences