What will you learn?
- 9Understand how hackers think and work;
- 9Try your hand at various hacking techniques;
- 9Use your newly acquired skills to perform a basic black-box penetration test;
- 2 course days
- 8 hours of self study
- €1.395,- excluding VAT
Bas van den Berg
Bas started out as a developer and moved then to a solution architect and later on to enterprise architect. Security always had his interest so he changed to his current position as a security consultant. His main focus is on secure development and security assessment. Combining this with his good understanding of people and how they think, his goal is to create a better and more secure world.
Secure Software Specialist &
While working as a security researcher, Tim Hemel discovered that few programmers learned to write safe software as part of their education. To fill this gap, he developed a Safe Programming course, focusing on developing the right mindset rather than remembering details that are out of date after three months.
He now assists software development teams from iComply in making secure software. He uses the Framework Secure Software, which he co-developed to structure security in software during construction and to be able to test it at any time.
Jochen den Ouden
As a cyber security specialist, Jochen den Ouden believes that information security is only possible in an interaction between people, technology and organization. These three links are inextricably linked. He is a Certified Ethical Hacker and provides training in privacy and hacking, as well as hacking companies on an ethical basis to make them aware of their level of information security. Before becoming an independent entrepreneur, he taught computer science at Stenden University.
About the IT-Security Foundation course
Ethical Hacking Foundation offers an intensive hands-on introduction to ethical hacking. The course has been specifically designed for beginners with little or no programming experience. In Ethical Hacking Foundation, you will learn to hack by doing it in a risk-free virtual lab environment. You will understand how hackers think and work, and you will try your hand at various hacking techniques, including Wi-Fi hacking, web vulnerability scanning, SQL injection, password cracking and file inclusion. At the end of the course, you will use your newly acquired hacking skills to perform a basic black-box penetration test.
This is an entry-level course. No previous knowledge or experience in ethical hacking is required. Basic understanding of Linux is recommended. If you lack technical experience and want to participate in the hands on exercises, we recommend you to consider taking the 1 day Linux Introduction course. If you already have a good understanding of the fundamentals of ethical hacking and you are looking for a more advanced penetration testing experience, we advise you to register for the Practitioner level.
Who should attend?
This course ideally suits those new to the field of ethical hacking. Managers who want to gain insight into the possibilities and dangers of hacking are also welcome.
Classroom training or Online Live?
- Classroom Training: You’re our guest and threated as such
When you take our Classroom Training you are our guest, and that’s how we’ll threat you! You’ll train in an inspiring training environment handpicked based on the highest quality standards. All trainings include a delicious lunch, when you register to your training you can indicate any dietary requirements that we should consider.
- Online Live Training: Prepare, train and certify from the comfort of your home or work
For those of you preferring an online experience, we offer Online Live Training through the SECO – Institute Online Learning Platform based on BigBlueButton, a secure platform specifically designed for Online Training that requires collaboration and (hands on) exercises. Course materials are delivered via a designated Student Portal prior to your training. For the SECO – Institute trainings, the examination is also conducted online via a certified Proctor. Everything you need to prepare, train and certify from the comfort of your home or work.
* Our classroom trainings are delivered in Dutch or English, depending on the composition of the student group
* Our Online Live Trainings are delivered either in Dutch or in English. Make sure that you register for the right class!
The following is included:
- The SECO-Institute course material
- The online SECO Institute Ethical Hacking Foundation exam
- 1 year free SECO-Membership when you pass the exam
- A delicious lunch
Module 1: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Definition of ethical hacking
- The hacking cycle
- Kali Linux
Module 2: Network Hacking
- Wireless networking including BSSID and ESSID, open and closed networks and WPA/WEP security
- Find information about a wireless network adapter and configure it to be used in WiFi hacking
- Packet capturing using airodump and injection in order to capture and crack a WEP key
- Using nmap and the zenmap GUI for network discovery scanning
Module 3: Penetration I
- Introduction to dirb and nikto and how to interpret the initial results of a dirb and nikto scan
- Launch a vulnerability scan with Vega and analyse / interpret results
- Basic SQL commands and know some more special SQL commands
- How to find a SQL Injection vulnerability
- How to execute an automated SQL Injection with SQLmap
- Crack a password hash with John The Ripper
- Using hydra to brute-force a web-based login form
Module 4: Penetration II
- Manipulating parameters in web-pages including GET and POST parameters
- Students become familiar with client and server-side validation
- OWASP ZAP and Burpsuite ar
- Using ZAP/BURP to bypass client-side validation
- Using ZAP/BURP with cookies
- Understanding file inclusion
- Working of local file inclusion
- Working of remote file inclusion
- Using these techniques to gain shell access
Module 5: Capture the Flag
Using the techniques learned in the previous 3 modules, you’ll break into the wireless network of Bicsma (the fictional company that Security Academy has created and uses in its trainings). You’ll discover interesting hosts and identify what services run on them. Lastly you will access and eventually exploit these services to gain access to the systems
About the Exam
The Ethical Hacking Foundation course is the first level of the SECO-Institute Ethical Hacking Certification Track and sets the stage for the Ethical Hacking Practitioner. The exam is included in your training fee but governed and carried out by the SECO – Institute. Upon successful completion, you will receive the S-EHF certification title and a digital badge.
- Exam language: English
- Type of exam: online exam (you must reserve this exam yourself)
- Type of questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Exam time: 60 minutes
About the certificate
By passing the EHF certification exam and earning a SECO-Ethical Hacking Foundation (S-EHF) certificate, you demonstrate your ability to:
- Hack a WEP-protected Wi-Fi network;
- Use basic network sniffing and port scanning techniques;
- Use web application vulnerability scanners (Dirb, Nikto and Vega) to find potential vulnerabilities;
- Interpret the results of a basic vulnerability scan;
- Run an automated SQL injection attack using SQLmap;
- Crack a password hash with John the Ripper;
- Brute-force a web-based login form;
- Bypass client-side validation;
- Use basic local file inclusion and remote file inclusion techniques to gain shell access and execute commands on the system;
- Perform a basic black-box penetration test.
What are the benefits of an S-EHF certificate?
An S-EHF certificate demonstrates that you have an in-depth understanding of basic penetration testing techniques, and that you possess fundamental hacking skills. If you are considering a career in ethical hacking or cybersecurity, S-EHF is a sure way to set yourself on the path to success. This qualification is particularly suitable for IT professionals and aspiring information security specialists. If you work in IT or information security, S-EHF is your opportunity to take your first step towards becoming a penetration tester, a security analyst, or a security consultant.
- Course times: 9 am to approximately 4:30 pm. The coffee is ready at 8:30.
- Lunch is included and consists of a buffet with, among other things, fresh sandwiches. Do you have allergies or dietary requirements? Please communicate this in time.
- Training location:
Quinten Matsijslei 25
- By participating in a course or training you agree with our terms and conditions
Ethical Hacking FoundationStarts: 15-11-2021
- Online Live Training
- Language: English
- 3 sessions of 4,5 hours
- Exam voucher included
Book as incompany or stay up to date
Book as incompanyStart date in accordance
- At your location or ours
Not right nowbut keep me posted
- Enter your e-mail and preferences