What will you learn?
- 9Apply information security expertise to a cloud computing environment;
- 9Develop competences in cloud security architecture, design, operations, and service orchestration;
- 9Prepare for the CCSP® certification exam;
- 5 course days
- 20 hours of self study
- €3.450,- excluding VAT
IT infrastructure &
Arjen has been working as a network infrastructure consultant since 1997. Based on his expertise, he advises and designs data networks in which security was a big part of the designs. In recent years, Arjen has been active as a freelancer so that he builds up a broad knowledge of the latest developments regarding (software defined) networks and their security by being active within several organizations.
Because Arjen has worked as a consultant in many large and small organizations, he understands how the theory works out in practice. Adding this information brings the content to life and informative discussions are created during the training sessions.
Rob van der Staaij
Identity & Access Management
Rob has more than twenty years of experience in many organizations and sectors. Rob is also affiliated with the University of Groningen, Faculty of Law, Department of Criminal Law and Criminology, where he focuses on cyber crime and cyber security. He gives presentations at international conferences and has published dozens of articles and various books.
Rob is analytical and has a broad knowledge of cyber security. He finds it a challenge to explain complex subjects in clear and simple language.
Theo Heinsbroek has over 10 years of experience in the field of information security, identity and access management, risk management and IT audit. In these areas, Theo advises clients on compliance with laws and regulations, risk management and operational effectiveness. Larger organizations in various branches in the Netherlands belong to the clientele. SeKuRiGo helps organizations make strategic and tactical choices in the areas of information security, identity and access management, risk management and IT audit.
About the CCSP® Preparation course
As powerful as cloud computing is for the organization, understanding its information security risks and mitigation strategies is critical. Legacy approaches are inadequate, and organizations need competent, experienced professionals equipped with the right cloud security knowledge and skills to be successful.
(ISC)² and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) developed the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) credential to ensure that cloud (security) professionals have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities in cloud security design, implementation, architecture, operations, controls, and compliance with regulatory frameworks. A CCSP applies information security expertise to a cloud computing environment and demonstrates competence in cloud security architecture, design, operations, and service orchestration. This professional competence is measured against a globally recognized body of knowledge. The CCSP is a standalone credential that complements and builds upon existing credentials and educational programs, including (ISC)²’s Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and CSA’s Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK).
We believe that both the CSSP® exam and its content should not be underestimated. Just practicing exam questions and studying your book is insufficient to truly grasp its’ coverage and utilize its’ full potential in the real world. In addition to this, CCSP® is developed and governed in the US, there where students are Dutch, Belgian, European.
This is why the Security Academy has chosen to:
- Deliver a 5 – day CCSP® training over a period of 10 weeks
- Allocate multiple trainers that are each an expert in a specific domain covered
- Create extensive use cases and practice exam questions per each domain covered
- Provide special attention to the practical application of the domains in the European, Netherlands’ and Belgian context
- Deliver an extensive CCSP®-practice exam on the last day of training, including an evaluation and discussion afterwards
No specific security knowledge is required to attend this training. Candidates who have already taken the CISSP® training will notice some overlap. If this is a completely new field for you, we recommend that you first follow some foundation level courses like the IT Security Foundation and / or Information Security Foundation training.
Please note that for CCSK® certification, only passing the exam is insufficient: Candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid work experience in information technology, of which 3 years must be in information security and 1 year in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning CSA’s CCSK certificate can be substituted for 1 year of experience in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning (ISC)²’s CISSP credential can be substituted for the entire CCSP experience
Who should attend?
The training is ideal for those working in positions such as but not limited to:
- Enterprise Architect
- Security Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Security Manager
- Systems Architect
Classroom training or Online Live?
- Classroom Training: You’re our guest and threated as such
When you take our Classroom Training you are our guest, and that’s how we’ll threat you! You’ll train in an inspiring training environment handpicked based on the highest quality standards. All trainings include a delicious lunch, when you register to your training you can indicate any dietary requirements that we should consider.
- Online Live Training: Prepare, train and certify from the comfort of your home or work
For those of you preferring an online experience, we offer Online Live Training through the SECO – Institute Online Learning Platform based on BigBlueButton, a secure platform specifically designed for Online Training that requires collaboration and (hands on) exercises. Course materials are delivered via a designated Student Portal prior to your training. For the SECO – Institute trainings, the examination is also conducted online via a certified Proctor. Everything you need to prepare, train and certify from the comfort of your home or work.
* Our classroom trainings are delivered in Dutch or English, depending on the composition of the student group
* Our Online Live Trainings are delivered either in Dutch or in English. Make sure that you register for the right class!
The following is included:
- The official guide to the CCSP® CBK
- Additional course materials (slides, use cases, exam questions)
- Practice exam, evaluation and discussion on the last day
- A delicious lunch
Module 1: Architectural Concepts and Design Requirements
- Understand Cloud Computing Concepts
- Describe Cloud Reference Architecture
- Understand Security Concepts Relevant to Cloud Computing
- Understand Design Principles of Secure Cloud Computing
- Identify Trusted Cloud Services
Module 2: Cloud Data Security
- Understand Cloud Data Lifecycle (CSA Guidance)
- Design and Implement Cloud Data Storage Architectures
- Design and Apply Data Security Strategies
- Understand and Implement Data Discovery and Classification Technologies
- Design and Implement Relevant Jurisdictional Data Protections for Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Design and Implement Data Rights Management
- Plan and Implement Data Retention, Deletion, and Archiving Policies
- Design and Implement Auditability, Traceability and Accountability of Data Events
Module 3: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security
- Comprehend Cloud Infrastructure Components
- Analyze Risks Associated to Cloud Infrastructure
- Design and Plan Security Controls
- Plan Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
Module 4: Cloud Application Security
- Recognize the need for Training and Awareness in Application Security
- Understand Cloud Software Assurance and Validation
- Use Verified Secure Software
- Comprehend the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) Process
- Apply the Secure Software Development Life-Cycle
- Comprehend the Specifics of Cloud Application Architecture
- Design Appropriate Identity and Access Management (IAM) Solutions
Module 5: Operations
- Support the Planning Process for the Data Center Design
- Implement and Build Physical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Run Physical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Manage Physical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Build Logical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Run Logical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Manage Logical Infrastructure for Cloud Environment
- Ensure Compliance with Regulations and Controls (e.g., ITIL, ISO/IEC 20000-1)
- Conduct Risk Assesment to Logical and Physical Infrastructure
- Understand the Collection, Acquisition and Preservation of Digital Evidence
- Manage Communication with Relevant Parties
Module 6: Legal and Compliance
- Understand Legal Requirements and Unique Risks within the Cloud Environment
- Understand Privacy Issues, Including Jurisdictional Variation
- Understand Audit Process, Methodologies, and Required Adaptations for a Cloud Environment
- Understand Implications of Cloud to Enterprise Risk Management
- Understand Outsourcing and Cloud Contract Design
- Execute Vendor Management
- The last day of training students will take a test exam, followed up with an evaluation and discussion.
About the Exam
The CCSP® exam is taken by (ISC) 2 and is not included in the course. The exam lasts three hours and consists of 125 (English) open and multiple choice questions. The costs for the exam are approximately € 450. After successful completion of the CCSP® exam, if you have sufficient work experience, you can apply for your CCSP® title at (ISC) 2.
This CCSP® exam is a theoretical exam that requires a lot of detailed knowledge. This means that there is still a lot of time to be spent preparing for the exam after the course. The mentioned stated amount of self-study in preparation for the exam is a minimum. The actual time required may be higher and varies from person to person.
About the certificate
By passing the CCSP® certification exam, you demonstrate your ability to:
- Describe the physical and virtual components of and identify the principle technologies of cloud based systems
- Define the roles and responsibilities of customers, providers, partners, brokers and the various technical professionals that support cloud computing environments
- Identify and explain the five characteristics required to satisfy the NIST definition of cloud computing
- Differentiate between various as a Service delivery models and frameworks that are incorporated into the cloud computing reference architecture
- Discuss strategies for safeguarding data, classifying data, ensuring privacy, assuring compliance with regulatory agencies and working with authorities during legal investigations
- Contrast between forensic analysis in corporate data center and cloud computing environments
- Evaluate and implement the security controls necessary to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability in cloud computing
- Identify and explain the six phases of the data lifecycle
- Explain strategies for protecting data at rest and data in motion
- Describe the role of encryption in protecting data and specific strategies for key management
- Compare a variety of cloud-based business continuity / disaster recovery strategies and select an appropriate solution to specific business requirements
- Contrast security aspects of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in standard data center and cloud computing environments
- Describe how federated identity and access management solutions mitigate risks in cloud computing systems
- Conduct gap analysis between baseline and industry-standard best practices
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for cloud computing environments
- Conduct risk assessments of existing and proposed cloud-based environments
- State the professional and ethical standards of (ISC)² and the Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Course times: 9 am to approximately 4:30 pm. The coffee is ready at 8:30.
- Lunch is included and consists of a buffet with, among other things, fresh sandwiches. Do you have allergies or dietary requirements? Please communicate this in time.
- Training location:
Quinten Matsijslei 25
- By participating in a course or training you agree with our terms and conditions
CCSP® Preparation CourseStarts: 12-11-2020
- Classroom edition Antwerp
- Language: English or Dutch
- All Dates: 12, 19, 26 nov, 3 and 10 dec 2020
Book as incompany or stay up to date
Book as incompanyStart date in accordance
- At your location or ours
Not right nowbut keep me posted
- Enter your e-mail and preferences